Skip to main content

Alabama Last Words since 2000

Michael Brandon Samra
"I would like to thank Jesus for everything he has done for me," Samra said. He ended with the word, "Amen.”

Dominique RayRay’s last words were in Arabic. He made a hand signal consisting of a closed fist with his index finger pointed and looked toward the viewing room where two of his attorneys and spiritual adviser were sitting, along with members of the media.
Walter Leroy MoodyHe had no last statement and did not respond when an official asked if he had any last words shortly before the chemicals began flowing.
Michael Wayne Eggers
When asked if he had any last words, Eggers replied "No ma'am." A few minutes later, he appeared to give a thumbs-up gesture to the room where five family and friends sat.



Torrey Twane Mcnabb
"Mom, sis, look at my eyes," he said. "I've got no tears in my eyes. I'm unafraid . . . to the state of Alabama, I hate you m-----f-----s. I hate you."
McNabb, strapped to a gurney, raised both middle fingers toward witnesses galleries as the execution began. He appeared to be breathing for the first 20 minutes of the execution and moved slightly.
Montgomery Advertiser

Robert Bryant Melson
When asked if he had any last words, Melson shook his head "no." His hands were shaking before the execution began at approximately 9:59 p.m.
For approximately seven minutes, Melson appeared to have slightly labored breathing. His breathing then slowed, and he did not respond to a consciousness check by a corrections officer before the second two drugs in the three-drug execution method-- which stop the heart and breathing-- were administered.
AL.com

Thomas Douglas Arthur
He read out the names of his children. "I'm sorry I failed you as a father. I love you more than anything on Earth," he said. He did not admit to or mention anything about the crime that landed him on death row - the shooting death of Troy Wicker Jr.
Al.com


Ronald Bert Smith Jr
Smith's last words publicly were "no ma'am" when he was asked by the warden if he wanted to make a statement.  However, he was moving his lips before and after the drugs were administered.
Al.com


Christopher Eugene Brooks
Prior to a three-drug combination being administered, Brooks had some final words, saying: "I hope this brings closure to everybody." He thanked his loved ones repeatedly, adding "love you all ... I will take you with me in my heart ... I love y'all. Bye. I love y'all."


Andrew Reid Lackey
While he had requested to executed, there is no record of any last words at the time of his execution.


Christopher Thomas JohnsonFor breakfast Thursday, his final day, Johnson had eggs, grits, and biscuits, then skipped lunch in lieu of a Thursday dinner. From food available in the prison cafeteria, said Corbett, Johnson chose for his final meal a turkey bologna sandwich with tomatoes and cheese, french fries, and an orange drink.
Johnson’s left hand, closest to the window, made a sign with his index finger and little finger extended.
Brian Corbett, a spokesman for the Alabama Department of Corrections who was in the witness room, later said that he had seen other inmates make that sign during executions. Corbett believed it was a symbol for "I love you."
Al.com

Derrick Oneal Mason
Mason apologized to the victim's family in his final statement. It was his second apology to the family -- the first was via letter two or three years after Cagle's death, and was issued out of "deep remorse and sadness," according to the executive director of Project Hope to Abolish the Death Penalty.
Al.com






Eddie Duval Powell III
"I'd like to say I'm sorry for the pain I have caused everyone who has had to deal with this situation - my family, the victim's family and everyone in this state. I've made peace with myself and God, and hope that everyone can move on from this situation."







Jason Oric Williams
"I hope that the families of the victims forgive me for what I've done," Williams said as he lay strapped to a bed

William Glen Boyd
As the execution began, Holman Correctional Facility Warden Tony Patterson came into the execution room and read the execution warrant from the Alabama Supreme Court. After that, Patterson asked Boyd if he wanted to make a statement. Boyd weakly answered "no."


Leroy White
White did not make a statement when asked if he had any last words. He also declined a last meal.


Philip D Hallford
He declined to make a final statement. Hallford did not request a final meal, but instead had cheese crackers, nacho cheese Bugles, a ham-and-cheese sandwich and a Dr. Pepper from vending machines


Holly Wood
He declined to make a final statement.

Michael Jeffrey Land
When Warden Tony Patterson asked Land if he had any final statements, Land replied "No. Thank you though."

John Forrest Parker
"I'm sorry. I don't ever expect you to forgive me. I really am sorry."

Thomas Warren Whisenhant
He had no last words. Last meal: Chicken leg quarters, french fries, American cheese, orange drink, coffee and chocolate pudding.

Max Landon Payne
He said tell his family "I love 'em," and also signed that message to his witnesses.

Jack Harrison Trawick
"I wish to apologize to the people who I have hurt and I ask for their forgiveness. I don't deserve it, but I do ask for it,"

Willie Mcnair
He declined to make a statement and declined his last meal.

Jimmy Lee Dill
"I just hope God's will be done and everybody finds the peace they need. I'm good."

Danny Joe Bradley
He declined to make a statement and declined his last meal.

James Harvey Callahan
Callahan waved his left hand toward his son, Kevin Callahan, who was seated in a witness room, and asked him to take care of his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. "I love you. That's all I have to say." Callahan never looked toward the victim's family members who were seated in a separate viewing room, but told his son, "I have a lot of remorse that I can't be here for you.”




Luther Jerome Williams
He raised his head to look at Kirk's family. "They told the other two guys to put it on me. I think it's wrong. I swear to God I did not kill him." After blaming prosecutors and law enforcement, he called out his original defense attorney, "You provided no defense. I didn't have no defense, and that's why I'm here."  Williams went on to say he was never going to give up the other two men. "My name is Luther Jerome Williams. I ain't no black, little rat,"

Darrell Grayson
He said the word "peace" and flashed a peace sign shortly before he died.

Aaron Jones
No last words

Larry Eugene A Hutcherson
I'm so very sorry for hurting you like this. It's been a long time coming. If I could go back in time and change things, I most certainly would. I hope this gives you closure and someday find forgiveness for me.

John W Peoples Jr
"I hope I've handled everything since I've been here with dignity."

George E Sibley Jr
"Everyone who is doing this to me is guilty of a murder. My sister and my niece, I want to express my love and gratitude ... and gratitude to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Jerry Paul Henderson
"I pray the family of Jerry Haney can find it in their heart one day to forgive...I pray they find peace and love in the Lord Jesus Christ as I have, because that's the true peace. I thank the Lord Jesus Christ that I'm fixing to see him face to face,"

Mario G Centobie
He made no final comments.

David Kevin Hocker
"I swear by you, Lord Jesus Christ my savior that my time should be no longer. The mystery of life shall be finished. Amen,"

J B Hubbard
He made no final comments.

Tommy J Fortenberry
"no last words."

Gary Leon Brown
He made no final statement, but appeared to mouth the words "go with God" and "forgive them" to his wife, Elizabeth Anne Brown.

Michael Eugene Thompson
He made no final statement, but mouthed the words "I love you" to a friend.

Anthony Keith Johnson
"I'd just like to say to my friends I loved them. But they all know that I loved them."
Lynda Lyon Block
She declined the offer to make a final statement.

Pernell Ford
Ford told Warden Charlie Jones he wanted to apologize to the Griffiths' family for the pain and suffering he had caused, and asked Jones to tell them to "be safe." As officers made final preparations, Ford recited the 23rd Psalm and other biblical passages.

Robert Lee Tarver
No final meal or statement

Freddie Lee Wright
No record of his last words.

Airfarewatchdog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert W. Frazier California

Robert W. Frazier is an inmate on death row in the state of California.. Crime Frazier, a drifter from Indiana, attacked a woman on a walking trail, raped and killed her. Address Robert W. Frazier F55038 San Quentin State Prison Death Row San Quentin, CA 94974 Links of Interest Jury recommends death penalty for Concord trail killer Videos of Interest Notes If you have had experience with this inmate, we'd love to provide your experience, negative or positive. This can be done anonymously or not.If you are related to the victim, we would also include anything you have to offer. 

David Barnett Missouri

David Barnett is an inmate on death row in the state of Missouri.. Previously sentenced to death, but the sentence was overturned by a judge in 2015 Crime Barnett was waiting for his grandparents when they returned home around 1:00 p.m. He confronted his grandmother and pushed her down in the hallway. He then pushed his grandfather to the floor and grabbed a knife that was lying on the nearby kitchen table. As his grandfather rose from the floor, Barnett kicked him in the head, and when he fell to the floor again, Barnett stabbed him repeatedly in the neck area. All told, Barnett inflicted ten stab wounds and numerous cuts to his grandfather’s neck, face, and hands. Satisfied that he had killed his grandfather, Barnett returned to the kitchen to get another knife and then began stabbing his grandmother in her neck as well. Once again, Barnett returned to the kitchen to get more knives. This time he retrieved two knives with which he continued to stab his grandmother until sh

Bobby Lopez California

Bobby Lopez is an inmate on death row in the state of California.. Crime Lopez and two other members of Nuestra Familia killed seven other gang members for failing to pay a portion of drug sales to gang members in prison and for other infractions. Address Bobby Lopez K76100 San Quentin State Prison Death Row San Quentin, CA 94974 Email You can email this inmate using JPay . Select California and use the ID number:      K76100 Links of Interest San Jose killer ‘Spankio’ found dead in San Quentin cell Videos of Interest Notes If you have had experience with this inmate, we'd love to provide your experience, negative or positive. This can be done anonymously or not.If you are related to the victim, we would also include anything you have to offer.