Aswad Pops is an inmate on death row in
the state of California..This inmate is deceased due to a suspected suicide.
Crime
Pops and three other men killed four
men at a carwash during a robbery of the business.
Address
Aswad Pops E96760
San Quentin State Prison Death Row
San Quentin, CA 94974
Links of Interest
Videos of Interest
Notes
If you have had experience with this
inmate, we'd love to provide your experience, negative or positive.
This can be done anonymously or not.If you are related to the victim,
we would also include anything you have to offer.

Aswad was innocent. Aswad loved his mother. Aswad loved and wanted to protect all women and children. He had a good heart and was a man of his word. I was blessed to have been in an 8 year relationship with him and we talked on the phone about one hour before hus death. I had absolutely no idea of what he planned to do, he was his usual upbeat self, exuding lots of positive energy and looking forward to receiving his quarterly package i had ordered for him. I hope he has found peace and i am trying to believe as he believed that our spirits never die. I miss him so much.
ReplyDeleteAswad to me was a nice genuine man who did nothing but tell me to sort myself out and just keep giving advice, he would write to me and i had no idea things would end this way, he was a innocent man on death row, fighting for his life just like many other innocent men on death row,
ReplyDeleteit hurts he had to go like this, #RipAswadPopps
When I was living in Montreal canada I decided to reach out to a death row inmate on a prison penpal website
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I was drawn to Aswad pops... we corresponded over the course of a year , I sent him photos of myself , my dog, we talked about life... he was an incredibly nice man.. he wasnt weird , he didnt hit on me like a creep. He made jokes about how I was too young for him. He made me laugh. He gave great advice. I just found out he committed suicide ..I had not spoken to him in years and years but I never forgot our conversations over the years. RIP ASWAD POPS. You were a great person
No matter what anyone says or thinks.
So gratified to see 2 positive posts about Aswad. He was the light of my life and I miss him every day.
ReplyDeleteI'm so terribly sorry for your loss. (I was the person who wrote about writing him from MTL as a pen pal) he was a great person... I was terribly saddened to hear about his loss. He didn't deserve to go down at all but especially like that. Sending love and positive vibes to you , and his famy.
DeleteSo gratified to see 2 positive posts about Aswad. He was the light of my life and I miss him every day.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your experience!
ReplyDelete